My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://scrumhalfconnection.com
and update your bookmarks.

Read my latest posts!

From Womeneagles.com:

US Squad Falls to Canada in Second Match of Series

8.30.07 - Blaine, MN - The US Developmental Squad fell to a strong Canada Senior Women's team, 7-46, in the second match of their series. The two teams met at the National Sports Center fields in Blaine, MN in a newly organized NA2 competition that the US would like to see continue in future years. The US squad also fell to Canada on Tuesday, 5-18. The lone scorer for the US squad on Thursday was Farrah Douglas with a try in the second half and Maura Weikman who converted the try to bring the match to 7-31. Canada brought in reserves in the second half and poured on the offense to bring the final score to 7-46. The match up of a young US squad against a more experienced Canada Senior side was obvious and the US coaching staff hopes to use the experience for future selection venues and matches.

Next up for the Women Eagles is a tour to Europe in December where they will play 2 scheduled matches against England and potentially more teams as the schedule develops.

View a gallery of photos from the match from DropKickPhotos.com.

----------------------------
I'm sitting in the Denver airport this afternoon dreading blogging about the match yesterday. I really just don't want to write about it. We trained all week with two a days almost everyday...and the team is going home today with 2 losses.

We trained hard and we played even harder but Canada took it to us. Final score was 7-46, with Farrah scoring the lone try. The game had SO many brilliant moments, but we just couldn't get it in through the posts or across the line.

Its frustrating because as a player on this developmental team you wanted to show the coaches, your teammates and the US what you could do. But we said it all weekend and I will repeat it here, its the mental toughness at this level that is the most important. Can you keep making tackles, keep rucking that ball and be a good teammate if your team is down 30 points? Can you help pick up your teammates in the try zone and if on the sidelines? The challenges of this weekend have made me such a stronger player and I owe it all to the teammates I met for the first time this weekend and the old friends I played with. I know that we all played our hardest and left it all out on the field, but it wasn't enough.

Maybe I will have more later...wishing I was home in Austin with my dog and that special someone. ;)

OH AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! 25 TODAY...quarter of a century. Scary.