So if you read my post a few days ago I was saying that I have been having a hard time training this time around. I am training, but have not been training as hard as I could. After a few well chosen words from a few email supporters & friends I realized that I need to get my butt in gear.
I play Canada in a matter of weeks, am representing the USA and therefore need to get my butt in gear. So I stepped up the training yesterday and today and feel better about things already. Yesterday I did some sprint work and a long jog to warm up. Still doing the daily push ups, pull ups and planks...added wall sits and more abdominal work. Today I did one of the harder trail runs I have found...360 and mopac down at the Green Belt. (side note: I didn't know Jake could climb sheer rock, he scared his mother climbing them without hesitation or fear!)
I tend to keep most of my personal life out of my blog...but I think this merits an explanation. I am a chronic over trainer, I love to trail run and love training with my dog Jake. However, two weeks ago I quit my job at the gym. I won't be going into details about the gym, but those that know the behind the scenes know it was getting to be too stressful and forced me to choose ethics over a job.
So basically I have been pretty stressed over making finances meet and finding a new job. To put it bluntly I have been pretty depressed. I loved the gym job, but it just got to be too much. I have had several promising interviews this week, some in the first phase and some in the second phase, so hopefully something will have worked out by the end of the week.
Regardless, I need to keep training and need to train hard. I have vowed to work out everyday until I fly to Minnesota on Aug 24. Of course I will not wear myself out, but at least twice a week will be a lighter/pool workout so I can recover. But I have got to get back into top rugby form.
Thanks for all the support and kind words over the weekend. Life is tough, but I've been down enough and I need to get back out there.
Back to Basics
2007-08-06T21:56:00-05:00
Scrumhalf Connection
Custom Search
Scrumhalf Connection Blog on Facebook
Watch this video to enter for a chance to win VIP tickets to the Heineken Cup Final!
Follow me on Twitter!
YSC Proudly Sponsors
Our Sports tickets include
rugby tickets,
boxing tickets,
hockey tickets and soccer tickets
Tickets World-Wide is a proud sponsor of Your Scrumhalf Connection. We handle tickets for a vast variety of events including the Super Bowl, Women's Final Four and the US Open Tennis tournament. For twenty years we have traded NFL Football and NBA Basketball tickets. Some of our favorite local teams include the Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Astros and the Houston Rockets. International favorites include World Cup Soccer, Grand Prix Racing and the Winter Olympics. Need college basketball seats? Yes, we trade Duke Blue Devils, Kentucky Wildcats and the Tar Heels. We also handle national events like NFR Rodeo and Las Vegas events. Any Ticket, anywhere!
Score yourself a few custom rugby t-shirts.
Get ready for top class online NFL betting at amazing site, Bet-on-the-NFL.com. You can also discover a number of other great football betting sites, news, and stats at SB3. Like to play games? The best online casinos website is Jaxcasinos.com
The place for sports betting, find the best online casino, nfl spread or check the best poker website.
Kontera It!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(273)
-
▼
Aug
(37)
- home again!
- USA vs Canada Day 5 (Game #2)
- USA vs Canada Day 4
- USA vs Canada Game 1 & 2 Rosters
- USA vs Canada Day 3 (Update)
- USA vs Canada Day 3 (Game #1)
- USA vs Canada Day 2
- USA vs Canada Day 1 (Saturday)
- Off to Minnesota
- Slideshow of my life...
- Almost Time...
- LOTS of Rugby This Weekend
- EIU in the Spotlight Again
- HW before Canada and STILL SICK
- Rookie Collegiate Clinic - Sept 1st, 2007 in AUSTI...
- Sick Sick Sick
- Rugby Gear - Your Scrumhalf Connection Style
- Outside Magazine - Rugby Article
- USA Rugby 7s Developmental Camp - Aug 10 & 11, 2007
- SYTYCD
- Level 1 Referee & SPONSOR THE AUSTIN VALKYRIES
- USA vs Canada Amping Up
- Last Night of Touch League
- Training Yesterday
- 2nd Annual Coaching Conference in Chicago - Aug 24...
- Presidential Candidate to Participate in Historic ...
- West 7's Roster Announced for ITT's - Park City, UT
- Cape Cod Writeup - Satiated Beavers
- Back to Basics
- WNT vs. Canada Final Selections
- NA4 or NA2?
- USA U23's Lose Last Match of Tour
- Physicality Lesson for U23s
- Eagle Players Embrace Extra Sessions
- New Women's Rugby Team!
- What Really Kills Americans?
- Referee Resource
-
▼
Aug
(37)






Rucking Zone
Keystone Premiership Team
ScrumQueens