My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://scrumhalfconnection.com
and update your bookmarks.

Read my latest posts!
Aug 1, 2007

Referee Resource

So this weekend is a referee course in San Marcos and a few of us are going. And in preparation the head referee guy in the Texas Rugby Union sent out this awesome rugby link:

http://www.sareferees.co.za/home/

The best part of the website for me was the video clips that show a controversial call and then there is an explanation below. It also has information about what referees are chosen for matches, you can ask questions of the referees and referee news.

It seems to be a good resource, but of course there is always the IRB website that has plenty of resources as well:

http://www.irb.com/training/index.html - Education and Training
http://www.irb.com/lawregulations/index.html - Laws and Regulations

I have a copy of the Rugby Laws always in my bag and often open it up to read a section and/or familiarize myself with the rugby laws. There are so many rules and so many gray areas, I find it fascinating. The best rule I ever found (I have yet to use it) has been the "mark" call. I love it! I want to use it so badly in a game, but of course it would have to be the right time and the right situation. I love it when they use it in international matches...weird I know!