
Well since the Valkyries are headed to Round of 16 in South Carolina...we as a team have re-dedicated ourselves to fitness outside of practice. SO...to keep myself motivated I am going to try and blog about my different workout routines and what I did that day etc.
So today I went back to my favorite place to train in South Austin. The Greenbelt! (Click here for an AWESOME MAP.) I love to run here and usually run the route by Mopac and Barton Springs...but today I decided to try the route near 360 and 290. I guess it is technically called the southern edge of Gus Fruh Park.
There is great parking right off the trails and I loved this part of the Greenbelt because I only saw two teenagers on their little mountain bikes and then I was all alone! So Jake (my pup) and I set off on an adventure. We followed the path for awhile, but he likes to explore all the paths that lead to water so we ended up running on the creek bed and only running on the path when the water gets to deep to make it through!
It was gorgeous!! We saw some wild life, various birds, squirrels, one rabbit (that Jake tried to catch), and some turtles. The turtles are my favorite and they always deserve me slowing down to get a glimpse before they scurry to safety. The weather was beautiful, not to hot and not to humid for once!
So for today I ran about 45 minutes on the creek bed and various trails...I try to imagine I'm jumping over rugby players or side-stepping to get to the tryzone.
Good luck to everyone training!
Training Regime...
2006-10-11T12:15:00-05:00
Scrumhalf Connection
Custom Search
Scrumhalf Connection Blog on Facebook
Watch this video to enter for a chance to win VIP tickets to the Heineken Cup Final!
Follow me on Twitter!
YSC Proudly Sponsors
Our Sports tickets include
rugby tickets,
boxing tickets,
hockey tickets and soccer tickets
Tickets World-Wide is a proud sponsor of Your Scrumhalf Connection. We handle tickets for a vast variety of events including the Super Bowl, Women's Final Four and the US Open Tennis tournament. For twenty years we have traded NFL Football and NBA Basketball tickets. Some of our favorite local teams include the Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Astros and the Houston Rockets. International favorites include World Cup Soccer, Grand Prix Racing and the Winter Olympics. Need college basketball seats? Yes, we trade Duke Blue Devils, Kentucky Wildcats and the Tar Heels. We also handle national events like NFR Rodeo and Las Vegas events. Any Ticket, anywhere!
Score yourself a few custom rugby t-shirts.
Get ready for top class online NFL betting at amazing site, Bet-on-the-NFL.com. You can also discover a number of other great football betting sites, news, and stats at SB3. Like to play games? The best online casinos website is Jaxcasinos.com
The place for sports betting, find the best online casino, nfl spread or check the best poker website.
Kontera It!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(191)
-
▼
Oct
(35)
- Round of 16 Wrapup...
- 35th Annual High Desert Classic - FULL RESULTS
- Random Rugby Doings...
- Help Bill Burch from Lineout Video...fellow rugger
- High Desert Results
- TOTAL RUGBY RADIO AVAILABLE ON THE WEB
- Succumb to Fashion Wendy...
- 10 Commandments of Rugby
- 28th Annual Battleship Rugby Tournament Mobile, AL
- Wednesday Training...
- Late Post....Monday's Training
- Soccer vs Rugby Video...updated links
- High Desert Classic New Mexico
- Schedule for Round of 16 Released...
- Midterms and then...training in the rain!
- Ruckfest 2006...awaiting results
- USA Rugby partners with Rugby Channel...1 Free Mat...
- Looking for fun and competitive match on October 2...
- Training the last two days...
- Training Regime...
- The Energy Diet
- Under attack...
- Scores and Results from the Weekend...
- Women's Playoff Brackets Finalized
- West Championships DAY TWO
- West Championships...DAY ONE
- Preview for the weekend...
- West Championships...Final Brackets Released
- My Alumn...OU is on YOUTUBE!
- Grilled Cheese Tattoo...I'm not kidding!
- Some fun rugby images from Rugby Reader's Digest
- More Random Rugby News...
- Preview of West Championships (Oct. 7-8)
- Developmental USA 7's Team
- Updates from the last two weeks!
-
▼
Oct
(35)






Rucking Zone
Keystone Premiership Team
ScrumQueens