Sorry I haven't been blogging lately, been working alot, studyin alot (2 of 3 midterms are finished...), training every day and helping plan various events in life. So here is my training summary for the last two days!
Thursday we had practice and I tried to get upstairs to get a quick lifting session in, but work was nuts and I couldn't get away from the desk for more than 10 minutes. When I made the masterplan of working the mid-shifts every week it was because it was going to be a little slower and I could get away from the desk for a few minutes...WRONG! I've been hiring new employees, calling maintenance to fix shit, dealing with pissy customers, selling gym shit and more...and I STILL LOVE IT!
So at practice we did alot of fitness and alot of thinking drills. I am super pumped about Round of 16 and have dedicated myself to raising the level of intensity at practice for myself and those around me. I'm going to try anyways...
So yesterday my training was awesome again! Austin is having beautiful, beautiful weather...so Jake and I went for a 3.5 to 4 mile run. I clocked it in my car on the way back...so I know it was at least 3.5 if not more. We started the run at the kayak docks on Town Lake...not sure what they are called, but the dock across the street from the HS and the Town Lake Animal Shelter. So we ran to Auditorium shores at a pretty good pace.
I discovered today that if I find myself lagging or not pushing myself all I have to do is hook up to trusty training partner and he makes me run at his pace. Its a great training tool! So I ran at my own pace on the way there...pushing up the hills and sprinting any stairs that came in our way. Then Jake went swimming for a few minutes and we found a tennis ball so of course we had to play! There was a great family there, two small boys and they were so cute...they wanted to throw the ball for jake and loved watching him launch himself into the water. Very cute all around.
So after a quick cool down for Jake we headed back...and I made him wear his leash the whole way so I had to keep a pretty good pace going. As my roommate and I talked about yesterday I don't love long distance...I can do it, but I get bored and I get into a pace that isn't hard at all. So its a struggle for me to keep going at a good pace. I actually really like sprinting...and am just discovering that two years after the ACL surgery I am just getting back to my quick self.
So keep training ladies and I will keep writing and training and living and loving and being. Love ya.
Training the last two days...
2006-10-14T11:03:00-05:00
Scrumhalf Connection
Custom Search
Scrumhalf Connection Blog on Facebook
Watch this video to enter for a chance to win VIP tickets to the Heineken Cup Final!
Follow me on Twitter!
YSC Proudly Sponsors
Our Sports tickets include
rugby tickets,
boxing tickets,
hockey tickets and soccer tickets
Tickets World-Wide is a proud sponsor of Your Scrumhalf Connection. We handle tickets for a vast variety of events including the Super Bowl, Women's Final Four and the US Open Tennis tournament. For twenty years we have traded NFL Football and NBA Basketball tickets. Some of our favorite local teams include the Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Astros and the Houston Rockets. International favorites include World Cup Soccer, Grand Prix Racing and the Winter Olympics. Need college basketball seats? Yes, we trade Duke Blue Devils, Kentucky Wildcats and the Tar Heels. We also handle national events like NFR Rodeo and Las Vegas events. Any Ticket, anywhere!
Score yourself a few custom rugby t-shirts.
Get ready for top class online NFL betting at amazing site, Bet-on-the-NFL.com. You can also discover a number of other great football betting sites, news, and stats at SB3. Like to play games? The best online casinos website is Jaxcasinos.com
The place for sports betting, find the best online casino, nfl spread or check the best poker website.
Kontera It!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(191)
-
▼
Oct
(35)
- Round of 16 Wrapup...
- 35th Annual High Desert Classic - FULL RESULTS
- Random Rugby Doings...
- Help Bill Burch from Lineout Video...fellow rugger
- High Desert Results
- TOTAL RUGBY RADIO AVAILABLE ON THE WEB
- Succumb to Fashion Wendy...
- 10 Commandments of Rugby
- 28th Annual Battleship Rugby Tournament Mobile, AL
- Wednesday Training...
- Late Post....Monday's Training
- Soccer vs Rugby Video...updated links
- High Desert Classic New Mexico
- Schedule for Round of 16 Released...
- Midterms and then...training in the rain!
- Ruckfest 2006...awaiting results
- USA Rugby partners with Rugby Channel...1 Free Mat...
- Looking for fun and competitive match on October 2...
- Training the last two days...
- Training Regime...
- The Energy Diet
- Under attack...
- Scores and Results from the Weekend...
- Women's Playoff Brackets Finalized
- West Championships DAY TWO
- West Championships...DAY ONE
- Preview for the weekend...
- West Championships...Final Brackets Released
- My Alumn...OU is on YOUTUBE!
- Grilled Cheese Tattoo...I'm not kidding!
- Some fun rugby images from Rugby Reader's Digest
- More Random Rugby News...
- Preview of West Championships (Oct. 7-8)
- Developmental USA 7's Team
- Updates from the last two weeks!
-
▼
Oct
(35)






Rucking Zone
Keystone Premiership Team
ScrumQueens