I finished my last midterm today!! I am taking online classes this semester and my last final was in Communications. I had studied some yesterday and a bunch on Friday, so I felt prepared. But finally the teachers have figured out that if you put a time constraint on the tests it is harder for the student. I remember taking online tests when I was a freshman and they would give you two hours...you could look every answer up! (this test was open-book and notes too) So the test today was 50 minutes for 50 questions, I finished with 8 minutes to spare so I looked over my answers. I feel like I did pretty good!
Anyways, to working out...I didn't work out yesterday because I was a bit hung over from a teammate's bachorlette party. The party was sensational with lots of drinking, dancing, a blow-up doll, singing, pictures and more drinking. It was an eventful event to say the least. So I took yesterday off...
So today I decided to get all my homework done (some stuff isn't due till
Monday) and then train before Damm! Beaver tonight. I headed over to Garrison Park off Manchaca and Stassney in South Austin. I drove there because I didn't want to have to run back in the rain...but next time I will run because its like a half mile from my house.
The park is super small, but has lots of trees, picnic tables, a basketball court, a pool (not sure if it is community or not...) and charcoal pits. It is a CUTE park!
The picture to the right is two gravestones that are from the 1800's! Very awesome. I did my pushups, pullups and dips right next to them. I also did 5m sprints (trying to work on my speed off the mark...) and worked on kicking. Jake found a little nerf football so of course we played some fetch. And then we played tag...I finally taught Jake how to chase me, and now I can chase him too. Its very fun and has helped immensly with my changing of direction (so I don't get nipped by him!)
So 45 minutes or so of assorted weight lifting (really just using my body weight) and then the clouds rolled in...they are dark and scary, I love it!
Midterms and then...training in the rain!
2006-10-15T18:13:00-05:00
Scrumhalf Connection
Custom Search
Scrumhalf Connection Blog on Facebook
Watch this video to enter for a chance to win VIP tickets to the Heineken Cup Final!
Follow me on Twitter!
YSC Proudly Sponsors
Our Sports tickets include
rugby tickets,
boxing tickets,
hockey tickets and soccer tickets
Tickets World-Wide is a proud sponsor of Your Scrumhalf Connection. We handle tickets for a vast variety of events including the Super Bowl, Women's Final Four and the US Open Tennis tournament. For twenty years we have traded NFL Football and NBA Basketball tickets. Some of our favorite local teams include the Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Astros and the Houston Rockets. International favorites include World Cup Soccer, Grand Prix Racing and the Winter Olympics. Need college basketball seats? Yes, we trade Duke Blue Devils, Kentucky Wildcats and the Tar Heels. We also handle national events like NFR Rodeo and Las Vegas events. Any Ticket, anywhere!
Score yourself a few custom rugby t-shirts.
Get ready for top class online NFL betting at amazing site, Bet-on-the-NFL.com. You can also discover a number of other great football betting sites, news, and stats at SB3. Like to play games? The best online casinos website is Jaxcasinos.com
The place for sports betting, find the best online casino, nfl spread or check the best poker website.
Kontera It!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(191)
-
▼
Oct
(35)
- Round of 16 Wrapup...
- 35th Annual High Desert Classic - FULL RESULTS
- Random Rugby Doings...
- Help Bill Burch from Lineout Video...fellow rugger
- High Desert Results
- TOTAL RUGBY RADIO AVAILABLE ON THE WEB
- Succumb to Fashion Wendy...
- 10 Commandments of Rugby
- 28th Annual Battleship Rugby Tournament Mobile, AL
- Wednesday Training...
- Late Post....Monday's Training
- Soccer vs Rugby Video...updated links
- High Desert Classic New Mexico
- Schedule for Round of 16 Released...
- Midterms and then...training in the rain!
- Ruckfest 2006...awaiting results
- USA Rugby partners with Rugby Channel...1 Free Mat...
- Looking for fun and competitive match on October 2...
- Training the last two days...
- Training Regime...
- The Energy Diet
- Under attack...
- Scores and Results from the Weekend...
- Women's Playoff Brackets Finalized
- West Championships DAY TWO
- West Championships...DAY ONE
- Preview for the weekend...
- West Championships...Final Brackets Released
- My Alumn...OU is on YOUTUBE!
- Grilled Cheese Tattoo...I'm not kidding!
- Some fun rugby images from Rugby Reader's Digest
- More Random Rugby News...
- Preview of West Championships (Oct. 7-8)
- Developmental USA 7's Team
- Updates from the last two weeks!
-
▼
Oct
(35)






Rucking Zone
Keystone Premiership Team
ScrumQueens