So the trip to Corpus Christi to see the parentals has been relaxing, interesting and slightly like stepping into fantasy land.
It all began Saturday when my little brother asked me to go to an Airsoft game with him. I had heard him talk about this before, but here is a rough definition from Wikipedia: Airsoft refers to a sport or recreational pastime in which players participate in the simulation of military- or law enforcement-style combat using smoothbore airsoft guns designed as replicas of real firearms.
So my little brother basically plays with replica guns for fun on the weekend. I wasn't sure I agreed with the whole idea, but I will try anything once. We arrived at the abandoned warehouse they have gotten permission to use from the local police. I was expecting a rag-tag group of teenagers...but was surprised when middle-aged men and small children were the norm. We are talking 6 year olds that can handle a gun better than me!! However the weather was horrible so the gamers just shot glass out of the windows of the warehouse and my little bro and I left. An experience to say the least.
Fantasy Land
Enter the 12 Hallmark/Lifetime movies that were shown over the course of three days. My parents recently purchased a DVR and then consequently have been recording every crappy made-for-tv movie ever made. No wonder I grew up believing that all love needed was a little magic. That if you apologized after ruining some one's life, they instantly forgave you and you fell in love. I'm kind of afraid that when I enter the real world tomorrow, I will take a bit of Hallmark and Lifetime with me. I guess that's not such a bad thing...it could be worse!
Other than that seeing the family was nice...a good few days of relaxation. Much deserved!
The Adventures of Jake
I brought Jake along with me on this trip...and it was a learning experience. Jake is a 16 month old Rhodesian Ridgeback/Weimaraner mix.
This first picture is a drawing of a Weimaraner...notice the large ears and chest, Jake definitely has those.
Weimaraner Breed Standard
(From AKC.ORG)
Sporting Group
General Appearance
A medium-sized gray dog, with fine aristocratic features. He should present a picture of grace, speed, stamina, alertness and balance. Above all, the dog's conformation must indicate the ability to work with great speed and endurance in the field.
The second picture is of a Rhodesian Ridgeback...notice the powerful stance and large paws, more of Jake's attributes.
Rhodesian Ridgeback Breed Standard
(From AKC.ORG)
Hound Group
General Appearance
The Ridgeback represents a strong, muscular and active dog, symmetrical and balanced in outline. A mature Ridgeback is a handsome, upstanding and athletic dog, capable of great endurance with a fair (good) amount of speed. Of even, dignified temperament, the Ridgeback is devoted and affectionate to his master, reserved with strangers. The peculiarity of this breed is the ridge on the back. The ridge must be regarded as the characteristic feature of the breed.
I learned a few things about Jake this weekend. I have grown so used to him being glued to my side...he is very loyal and obedient...that I forgot that he can be in the way. My mom kept complaining about he likes to lay in the kitchen when she is cooking. Yes, as my roommates can attest, you become quite good at balancing hot pans while stepping over Jake.
He is also afraid of most men and that includes my little brother and my dad. Dad tried very hard to warm Jake up including taking him in walks, playing ball and even chasing him, but Jake was still weary.
Overall he is a great dog that I hand-trained and love with all my heart. He is my confidant, training partner, cuddler, and so much more. Plus I never have to drink alone! Here are some puppy pics and recent pics...Happy Holidays!



Visiting the Family and the Adventures of Jake...
2006-12-25T20:25:00-06:00
Scrumhalf Connection
Custom Search
Scrumhalf Connection Blog on Facebook
Watch this video to enter for a chance to win VIP tickets to the Heineken Cup Final!
Follow me on Twitter!
YSC Proudly Sponsors
Our Sports tickets include
rugby tickets,
boxing tickets,
hockey tickets and soccer tickets
Tickets World-Wide is a proud sponsor of Your Scrumhalf Connection. We handle tickets for a vast variety of events including the Super Bowl, Women's Final Four and the US Open Tennis tournament. For twenty years we have traded NFL Football and NBA Basketball tickets. Some of our favorite local teams include the Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Astros and the Houston Rockets. International favorites include World Cup Soccer, Grand Prix Racing and the Winter Olympics. Need college basketball seats? Yes, we trade Duke Blue Devils, Kentucky Wildcats and the Tar Heels. We also handle national events like NFR Rodeo and Las Vegas events. Any Ticket, anywhere!
Score yourself a few custom rugby t-shirts.
Get ready for top class online NFL betting at amazing site, Bet-on-the-NFL.com. You can also discover a number of other great football betting sites, news, and stats at SB3. Like to play games? The best online casinos website is Jaxcasinos.com
The place for sports betting, find the best online casino, nfl spread or check the best poker website.
Kontera It!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(191)
-
▼
Dec
(20)
- Rugby News!
- Coming to you LIVE....
- Recovering with a bit of fear...
- 2,000 Visitors!!!
- Jake and Dad
- Visiting the Family and the Adventures of Jake...
- Merry Christmas!
- Guest Blogger - Heidi Whitman
- Google Calendar...AMAZING!
- An Experiment
- Google Earth!
- Guest Blogger #3: THE IMPORTANCE OF REGISTERING WI...
- 2007 New Orleans Women's Rugby Club
- I HEART PINK CASTS!
- Rugby: Why our Jolene is set to star in oklahoma. . .
- UVSC Now recieving EQUAL funding as Extramural Teams
- I'M SO EXCITED!!
- Mercury 13 - Women in Power
- NY Rugby on CBS Morning Show
- Getting around...
-
▼
Dec
(20)






Rucking Zone
Keystone Premiership Team
ScrumQueens