I get my cast off today!!
I am so so so ready for this, the cast has been cumbersome, annoying and painstaking when it came to daily tasks. But who am I kidding, it was all for the healing process correct?
For those that are just tuning in..I broke my hand on November 18, playing rugby in a motley match. I had gone in a ruck to pick the ball and emerged on the weak side. When I first chose sides, I chose the weak side because I saw only a wing...alas a hooker (only relevant because of her small, but strong stature) was there. I stiff-armed her in the face (unintentional...small stature remember?) and ripped out half of her eyelashes. I felt a popping sensation but just thought I had broke my pointer finger or dislocated my knuckle.
Of course it was worse as I soon discovered when I tried to continue the game. I could feel the bones moving when I ran! So I had surgery on November 28...and will get my cast off today!!!
So a few weeks of physical therapy and I should be good. Now the fear: I'm a scrumhalf. I'm a rugby player. I need my hands. Bottom-line. I worked all season on my left-handed pass, throwing the ball against that chain-link fence for hours. Visualizing my fly-half's hands...only to have to start over again.
I have been anticipating this moment for weeks and as my prop warned me yesterday...I had better take it easy at first. My hand won't be ready to do everything I want to do.
So wish me luck ruggers.
Recovering with a bit of fear...
2006-12-28T08:27:00-06:00
Scrumhalf Connection
Custom Search
Scrumhalf Connection Blog on Facebook
Watch this video to enter for a chance to win VIP tickets to the Heineken Cup Final!
Follow me on Twitter!
YSC Proudly Sponsors
Our Sports tickets include
rugby tickets,
boxing tickets,
hockey tickets and soccer tickets
Tickets World-Wide is a proud sponsor of Your Scrumhalf Connection. We handle tickets for a vast variety of events including the Super Bowl, Women's Final Four and the US Open Tennis tournament. For twenty years we have traded NFL Football and NBA Basketball tickets. Some of our favorite local teams include the Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Astros and the Houston Rockets. International favorites include World Cup Soccer, Grand Prix Racing and the Winter Olympics. Need college basketball seats? Yes, we trade Duke Blue Devils, Kentucky Wildcats and the Tar Heels. We also handle national events like NFR Rodeo and Las Vegas events. Any Ticket, anywhere!
Score yourself a few custom rugby t-shirts.
Get ready for top class online NFL betting at amazing site, Bet-on-the-NFL.com. You can also discover a number of other great football betting sites, news, and stats at SB3. Like to play games? The best online casinos website is Jaxcasinos.com
The place for sports betting, find the best online casino, nfl spread or check the best poker website.
Kontera It!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(191)
-
▼
Dec
(20)
- Rugby News!
- Coming to you LIVE....
- Recovering with a bit of fear...
- 2,000 Visitors!!!
- Jake and Dad
- Visiting the Family and the Adventures of Jake...
- Merry Christmas!
- Guest Blogger - Heidi Whitman
- Google Calendar...AMAZING!
- An Experiment
- Google Earth!
- Guest Blogger #3: THE IMPORTANCE OF REGISTERING WI...
- 2007 New Orleans Women's Rugby Club
- I HEART PINK CASTS!
- Rugby: Why our Jolene is set to star in oklahoma. . .
- UVSC Now recieving EQUAL funding as Extramural Teams
- I'M SO EXCITED!!
- Mercury 13 - Women in Power
- NY Rugby on CBS Morning Show
- Getting around...
-
▼
Dec
(20)






Rucking Zone
Keystone Premiership Team
ScrumQueens