My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://scrumhalfconnection.com
and update your bookmarks.

Read my latest posts!

By no means am I an expert in rugby or 7s, but I may have some thoughts when I am watching, so they will be inline with the scores below. If I don't have any thoughts or didn't get to watch the game (raise your hand if you are watching at work!) I will just list the scores...

Men's Rugby - Day 1

Wales vs Zimbabwe 31 - 5
Kenya vs Tunisia 29 - 7
Australia vs Portugal 24 - 12
Scotland vs Canada 14 - 33

Tonga vs Arabian Gulf 19 - 0
Rough game with lots of poor passing choices...the match actually went about 2 minutes over in the first half because of penalities. Arabian Gulf had a sweet try oppurtunity but the #6 player tried to flick the ball behind him right before the try and it ended up in a turnover. He actually could have scored as he was tackled well into the try zone by a defender.

2nd half is much of the same however Tonga has been able to put some points on the board. Great aggresion and athleticism but the rucks are incredibly messy and the passing decisions are very poor. The ref seems to be blowing his whistle constantly for penalities...

Just had a scrum collapse in this game, I can't remember the last time I have seen that? Tonga wins the game 19-0

Argentina vs Uruguay 19 - 7
Just a quick note for this game, I really like the half-time shots of the coaches and teams. Even if they are speaking another language the passion and excitement is contagious!

France vs USA 26 - 17
Just watched the replay and the USA looked good, but France just looked better. USA put some great combinations together but it just wasn't enough. Hoping they will do better tomorrow!

Disappointing that Todd Clever would punch a player...definitely a turning point in the game as Clever is sent off with a yellow.

Samoa vs Ireland 35 - 5
England vs Hong Kong 42 - 5

New Zealand vs Italy 42 - 0
Poor, poor, poor tackling by Italy is letting the scores pour in...21-0 at half-time.

Fiji vs Georiga 26-10
Great game, very back and forth with the scoring...Loving the big 6"5' guy who got the break through and then knew he had to get it out to his speed. BIG DUDE can pass!

Japan vs South Africa 5 - 26
The Japanese team is so little compared to everyone else, but the play with a fierce aggression and some serious speed! Also the Japanese kick-offs are incredibly high and are causing both teams to scramble at the kick-off.

Samoa vs Ireland 35 - 5

Looking forward to Day 2!