Its somehow therapeutic to write about my hand...so you will just have to bear with it! I went to physical therapy this morning so they could evaluate my hand. As always they were intrigued that such a small person plays rugby and doesn't get hurt more often. The only major injuries I have had from rugby are a torn ACL and this broken hand. I've jammed, torn, ripped, bled and more for this sport, but only count the serious injuries!
The physical therapist was really awesome and high-energy! She took measurements of my flexing, basically can I make a complete fist that is identical to my good hand. I am about 30 degrees off, but she was impressed that I had that much mobility already. She thinks we can get it to normal flexing in about 2-4 visits.
We also talked about the splint I am supposed to be wearing. Ha. Yes I said SUPPOSED to be wearing. I am so so tired of having no hand (the splint covers the first two fingers, so you are left with no gripping or anything basically) and so I am refusing to wear the splint. The physical therapist wasn't super excited about this, and basically asked when I will be returning to full activity. I then told her that practice starts at the end of January...she was like, so that's the goal? So she recommended on my next visit we make a custom splint that will protect the joint above and below my injury (the knuckle and the wrist). That way I could possibly still pass but at least be protected until our first game or so.
But overall the visit went well and she gave me literally 45 different exercises I can do to help get my strength back and get me to where I want to be. I still can't lift weights, and that has been hard, because this is usually when I lift weights the most...but I guess I will just find other ways to get buff. I need to start trail running again, Jake has been missing his long runs with momma.
Hope all is well for everyone in the rugby world and the real world. Peace.
Update on my Hand...
2007-01-05T15:34:00-06:00
Scrumhalf Connection
Custom Search
Scrumhalf Connection Blog on Facebook
Watch this video to enter for a chance to win VIP tickets to the Heineken Cup Final!
Follow me on Twitter!
YSC Proudly Sponsors
Our Sports tickets include
rugby tickets,
boxing tickets,
hockey tickets and soccer tickets
Tickets World-Wide is a proud sponsor of Your Scrumhalf Connection. We handle tickets for a vast variety of events including the Super Bowl, Women's Final Four and the US Open Tennis tournament. For twenty years we have traded NFL Football and NBA Basketball tickets. Some of our favorite local teams include the Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Astros and the Houston Rockets. International favorites include World Cup Soccer, Grand Prix Racing and the Winter Olympics. Need college basketball seats? Yes, we trade Duke Blue Devils, Kentucky Wildcats and the Tar Heels. We also handle national events like NFR Rodeo and Las Vegas events. Any Ticket, anywhere!
Score yourself a few custom rugby t-shirts.
Get ready for top class online NFL betting at amazing site, Bet-on-the-NFL.com. You can also discover a number of other great football betting sites, news, and stats at SB3. Like to play games? The best online casinos website is Jaxcasinos.com
The place for sports betting, find the best online casino, nfl spread or check the best poker website.
Kontera It!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(273)
-
▼
Jan
(13)
- Online Calendar...Scores...
- Missing Practice
- Best of Craigslist and Postsecret
- Rugby Clinic and GO COLTS!
- I must blog...I have to blog!
- Sick Days...
- Running Montage
- Rugby Motivation...or lack thereof
- 2007 Seedings...
- In the Beginning...
- Update on my Hand...
- Mauling 101
- View Large Version of the Calendar
-
▼
Jan
(13)






Rucking Zone
Keystone Premiership Team
ScrumQueens