Last night I went for a late night run...it was about 9:30pm. There is just something about running in the night, the solitude, the winter breezes...well not really winter, it was like 55 degrees last night. I had been listening to the Rocky soundtrack all day, so of course I pulled on my hoodie and plugged in my mp3 player. I ran for about 30 minutes at a pretty good clip, I of course had my trusty Jake by my side to scare off rapists, robbers or anything else in the night.
It was glorious! I started off with the epic Gonna Fly Now by the Rocky Orchestra and then quickly the mood changed with a little Papa Roach, Kitty, Staind and Nirvana. I tend to lean towards Rock when I work out because it gets me pumped up and motivated. Towards the end of the workout when I'm pushing myself to move past a jog and keep up a good pace...I change the beats to songs I know the words too, that way I can distract myself from the burning in my legs and back.
Last night I listened to some Madonna, John Mayer, and some other favorites. I never used to run with music, but lately I've discovered it really distracts me when I need it the most.
So today my back is killing me (also did my first squats of the season last night at the gym!!) and my quads are slightly sore. I absolutely LOVE being sore! LOVE LOVE it.
Getting motivated one day at a time...
Running Montage
2007-01-12T12:27:00-06:00
Scrumhalf Connection
Custom Search
Scrumhalf Connection Blog on Facebook
Watch this video to enter for a chance to win VIP tickets to the Heineken Cup Final!
Follow me on Twitter!
YSC Proudly Sponsors
Our Sports tickets include
rugby tickets,
boxing tickets,
hockey tickets and soccer tickets
Tickets World-Wide is a proud sponsor of Your Scrumhalf Connection. We handle tickets for a vast variety of events including the Super Bowl, Women's Final Four and the US Open Tennis tournament. For twenty years we have traded NFL Football and NBA Basketball tickets. Some of our favorite local teams include the Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Astros and the Houston Rockets. International favorites include World Cup Soccer, Grand Prix Racing and the Winter Olympics. Need college basketball seats? Yes, we trade Duke Blue Devils, Kentucky Wildcats and the Tar Heels. We also handle national events like NFR Rodeo and Las Vegas events. Any Ticket, anywhere!
Score yourself a few custom rugby t-shirts.
Get ready for top class online NFL betting at amazing site, Bet-on-the-NFL.com. You can also discover a number of other great football betting sites, news, and stats at SB3. Like to play games? The best online casinos website is Jaxcasinos.com
The place for sports betting, find the best online casino, nfl spread or check the best poker website.
Kontera It!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(273)
-
▼
Jan
(13)
- Online Calendar...Scores...
- Missing Practice
- Best of Craigslist and Postsecret
- Rugby Clinic and GO COLTS!
- I must blog...I have to blog!
- Sick Days...
- Running Montage
- Rugby Motivation...or lack thereof
- 2007 Seedings...
- In the Beginning...
- Update on my Hand...
- Mauling 101
- View Large Version of the Calendar
-
▼
Jan
(13)






Rucking Zone
Keystone Premiership Team
ScrumQueens