My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://scrumhalfconnection.com
and update your bookmarks.

Read my latest posts!
Jan 9, 2007

In the Beginning...

I decided last night that it was about time to start my pre-season workouts, and I am a little late this year. I blame myself entirely...I've been a slacker to sorts since the downfall of Sweet 16s. Blech.

But a new day and a new beginning! So this morning I got up a little later than I planned so I only got a quick 10 minute run in before I had to head to work. The run was nice...2 laps around the block, Jake leaving me in his dust! He had even forgotten what it meant when I pulled out my tennis shoes, usually that is a sign that he gets to go somewhere and he sadly had forgotten! Alas, he will learn again...and grow excited beyond belief when he sees me lacing up.

So after the run I quickly showered and ate a protein bar and headed off to work. The glory of working at a gym is that I can get quick workouts in throughout the day. I plan on doing some medicine ball work (still afraid to put too much weight on the weakened hand...it is getting stronger though!) and hitting the elliptical in 5-10 minute sprints at least twice today. I'm going to attempt wall pushups today and if those go well, I might even throw in some regular pushups! Woohoo!

I've also been trying to work out how I can work on my scrumhalf pass at work...the exercise room we have is covered from floor to ceiling with mirrors, so I can't just choose a wall and go crazy! We do have a few large "blocks" that they do squat jumps on and such, I have been thinking of tipping it on its side and using it as target practice essentially. I could get a TON of passing done if I did that. Sounds like a plan!

Good luck to everyone who is getting off the couch, jumping back into the gym and dusting off your rugby skills. Remember to warm-up :), stretch, refuel and hydrate afterwards. Take care of your bodies!

In other RUGBY NEWS:

  • The West D1 schedule has been finalized. Click here for a copy!

  • The Austin Valkyries are hosting a COLLEGIATE/D2 Women's Rugby Camp on February 3, 2006. The event will take place in Austin and will begin around noon so teams can drive in that morning. We will be working on scrums, rucking and back play magic. If your team is interested, shoot me an email!

  • Women's Player of the Year: Ellie Karvoski (subscription required at Goffonrugby.com)

  • US Women's Rugby Foundation Coordinating Katrina Relief Effort (from Womeneagles.com) The website for the US Women's Rugby Foundation is here.

  • Also from Womeneagles.com is their newest download! FREE desktop images! Check it out!