So I'm taking a page from one of my favorite CrossFit blogs, Katie's Mindless CrossFit Ramblings and asking my readers who they are, what they want and in general trying to get a feel for my readers. Using my StatCounter website counter I can see how many of you are visiting my page, where you are from, but I don't really know WHO you are and WHAT you want.
So I am going to ask!!
What do you want to read about in regards to Women's Rugby?
Who do you want to read about? High school rugby, club rugby, the Women's National Team etc?
Do you want more videos? More photos, less silly articles?
So now that I have asked a few questions, here is my vision for the evolution of my blog:
1) Guest Bloggers - I want to open up my blog to guest bloggers, I want to know what YOU really think, feel and want. Have a rugby thought, idea, photo, video? Email it to me and I will post it, even better want to write a guest blog?! Email it to me and I will post it!
This blog has evolved in many ways since it started 2 years ago and I want to keep that theme going. I have always envisioned it as somewhere you could find tournaments, schedules, scores, news and more...but lets really take this blog out for a spin! All it takes is an email and we can go for a spin!
And I am trying to think of a cooler name than Guest Blogger, what about Guest Rugger? And this doesn't mean you write once and I ignore you, want to write about your team every week? No problem!
2) Calendar - I have been working on the calendar for some time now, but now that I am so busy in my life I don't have time to add everyone's schedules myself. For awhile teams were emailing me their schedules and I was posting them, but that was too much work. We need somewhere where everyone can post their own schedule, scores, write-ups and more...so lets use this blog!
I will write html, use Google Docs, Google Calendar (already have a calendar started!), anything out there as long as YOU will post scores, updates, schedules etc.
3) Ruckosphere - Remember when Blondie came up with the Ruckosphere? (or did she just promote it? I can't remember!) Let's use that idea and really work together to find Women Rugby Bloggers as we all have something unique to say.
I am not trying to be the best, biggest or coolest Women's Rugby blog, I am merely trying to have a common meeting place that we can all come together for the things we need and want.
4) Videos - As technology gets better and more affordable teams will begin taping their matches, wouldn't it be great to have a place that those videos could be hosted and easily accessed? I would love to create a Youtube for the rugby world, and this blog could be the beginning of that!
5) Photos - Along the same lines, photos are what we all want, and we could do some archiving of events etc.
6) Tournaments - While the calendar is great, a place to search for US Tournaments would be great!
7) Fitness - I am obsessed with fitness, so I really enjoy learning new techniques, workouts etc...I would love to blog about fitness more!
8) Position Specific - This could be a great venue for position specific situations etc, everyone wants to learn to pass better, but what about correct technique for scrumming? Could be great!
The possibilities are endless here, but I do need some help from the outside world...have an idea or a thought, drop me an email or leave it in the comments. Let me know if I am off my rocker, but I really would like to hear your thoughts and ideas!
Oh and I welcome the negative (only makes me stronger!), hate my blog? hate me? Tell me why and maybe you will have spurred a change for the positive!
Also keep an eye out, I purchased a domain the other day, this blog will soon be moving to http://yourscrumhalfconnection.com!
Custom Search
Scrumhalf Connection Blog on Facebook
Watch this video to enter for a chance to win VIP tickets to the Heineken Cup Final!
Follow me on Twitter!
YSC Proudly Sponsors
Our Sports tickets include
rugby tickets,
boxing tickets,
hockey tickets and soccer tickets
Tickets World-Wide is a proud sponsor of Your Scrumhalf Connection. We handle tickets for a vast variety of events including the Super Bowl, Women's Final Four and the US Open Tennis tournament. For twenty years we have traded NFL Football and NBA Basketball tickets. Some of our favorite local teams include the Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Astros and the Houston Rockets. International favorites include World Cup Soccer, Grand Prix Racing and the Winter Olympics. Need college basketball seats? Yes, we trade Duke Blue Devils, Kentucky Wildcats and the Tar Heels. We also handle national events like NFR Rodeo and Las Vegas events. Any Ticket, anywhere!
Score yourself a few custom rugby t-shirts.
Get ready for top class online NFL betting at amazing site, Bet-on-the-NFL.com. You can also discover a number of other great football betting sites, news, and stats at SB3. Like to play games? The best online casinos website is Jaxcasinos.com
The place for sports betting, find the best online casino, nfl spread or check the best poker website.
Kontera It!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(290)
-
▼
May
(23)
- Women's Rugby Media Coverage
- Experimental Law's Variations - August 2008
- Rugby Video Monday (Sorry its late!)
- You read Your Scrumhalf Connection, what do YOU wa...
- USA U20 Women's National Team - Update from Bryn C...
- 2008 Men's Club Championships Division I, II & III...
- Amsterdam 7s Results - Day Two
- Rugby Video Monday
- 2008 Men's Club Championships Division I, II & III...
- Amsterdam 7s Results - Day One
- Watch the USA Rugby National Guard Collegiate Play...
- Amsterdam 7s Schedule Released
- 2008 Men's Club Championships Division I, II & III...
- Amsterdam 7s Tour Blog!
- Rugby Video Monday
- Raindrops on my soul...
- Amsterdam 7s Tournament - May 17-18, 2008
- USA Rugby All Star 15s Tournament
- 2008 Dallas 7s Lonestar Classic & Debutante Ball
- Tryouts for the 2008 West 7s Team are Announced
- USA Rugby Women's D1 Challenge Matches FINAL RESULTS
- Rugby Video Monday
- 2008 7s Tournaments
-
▼
May
(23)






Rucking Zone
Keystone Premiership Team
ScrumQueens