It was officially the hottest day of the year in Austin so far today, it hit 99 degrees! This is the kind of heat that I love, when you go outside and your skin instantly starts prickling...it begins breaking into a sweat to try and combat the heat. A few hours ago the sky grew dark, the clouds rolled in and the sky swelled...only to shrink once all the rain was expelled.
I sat on the back porch letting the rain drip onto me, at first it was just a light drizzle, but it soon turned into a heavy downpour. The dogs quickly moved underneath the covered area of the porch, but I stayed out underneath it, letting my skin drink in the rain.
I relished the rain tonight and really enjoyed nature tonight. I have often said that I need the sunshine to feel alive. I can't help but think I was a lizard in my former life as I would love to soak in the sun all day if I could.I apologize, it is 2:43am and I have a bit of insomnia. My rugby team is in Atlanta and The Girl is in Denver playing with the West All Star team. It is strange to be in Austin while my teammates and closest friend are off in other parts of the nation. While I have enjoyed the break from life, obligations and rugby it is strange to be so alone. I can do whatever I want!
Anyways, The valks lost to Atlanta 32-24 in the first game but then beat them in the second game 24-0. The West lost to the Midwest by a try, 22-17, heard it was a really good game and will be available to watch online next week. The West and Midwest will play again tmorrow morning at 10am, so we will see who wins that game!
So this may be one of my more personal blogs, these don't usually get posted, just filed away and forgotten. Heres to the rest of the world who is sleeping, working, and living. Take a moment to soak in the sun, rain, wind, snow...whatever nature brings you, it will be worth it.
Raindrops on my soul...
2008-05-11T02:59:00-05:00
Scrumhalf Connection
Custom Search
Scrumhalf Connection Blog on Facebook
Watch this video to enter for a chance to win VIP tickets to the Heineken Cup Final!
Follow me on Twitter!
YSC Proudly Sponsors
Our Sports tickets include
rugby tickets,
boxing tickets,
hockey tickets and soccer tickets
Tickets World-Wide is a proud sponsor of Your Scrumhalf Connection. We handle tickets for a vast variety of events including the Super Bowl, Women's Final Four and the US Open Tennis tournament. For twenty years we have traded NFL Football and NBA Basketball tickets. Some of our favorite local teams include the Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Astros and the Houston Rockets. International favorites include World Cup Soccer, Grand Prix Racing and the Winter Olympics. Need college basketball seats? Yes, we trade Duke Blue Devils, Kentucky Wildcats and the Tar Heels. We also handle national events like NFR Rodeo and Las Vegas events. Any Ticket, anywhere!
Score yourself a few custom rugby t-shirts.
Get ready for top class online NFL betting at amazing site, Bet-on-the-NFL.com. You can also discover a number of other great football betting sites, news, and stats at SB3. Like to play games? The best online casinos website is Jaxcasinos.com
The place for sports betting, find the best online casino, nfl spread or check the best poker website.
Kontera It!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(290)
-
▼
May
(23)
- Women's Rugby Media Coverage
- Experimental Law's Variations - August 2008
- Rugby Video Monday (Sorry its late!)
- You read Your Scrumhalf Connection, what do YOU wa...
- USA U20 Women's National Team - Update from Bryn C...
- 2008 Men's Club Championships Division I, II & III...
- Amsterdam 7s Results - Day Two
- Rugby Video Monday
- 2008 Men's Club Championships Division I, II & III...
- Amsterdam 7s Results - Day One
- Watch the USA Rugby National Guard Collegiate Play...
- Amsterdam 7s Schedule Released
- 2008 Men's Club Championships Division I, II & III...
- Amsterdam 7s Tour Blog!
- Rugby Video Monday
- Raindrops on my soul...
- Amsterdam 7s Tournament - May 17-18, 2008
- USA Rugby All Star 15s Tournament
- 2008 Dallas 7s Lonestar Classic & Debutante Ball
- Tryouts for the 2008 West 7s Team are Announced
- USA Rugby Women's D1 Challenge Matches FINAL RESULTS
- Rugby Video Monday
- 2008 7s Tournaments
-
▼
May
(23)






Rucking Zone
Keystone Premiership Team
ScrumQueens