Holler to YOU from Davidson, North Carolina!! My brother, his wife and their daughter Ainsley just moved her last month and it is such a cute quaint town! Check out some of the photos of the "old downtown," this town also holds Davidson College so its an interesting mix of old traditions and new liberal arts students. Most of the houses are old farmhouses that have been remodeled and had driveways, sidewalks and more put in. Having coffee and bagels with my brother this morning was a treat as we walked to the coffee shop and walked to the grocery store! Everything you could want or need is within walking distance!
I was supposed to be attending Cape Fear with the West 7s Team this weekend...but after injuring my knee at the National All Star Championship in Minnesota, I decided to take some time off. I went to the doctor and they at first thought it was just a burst bursar sac in my left knee, but after some test it appears that my meniscus is torn. Fun stuff!
So I am taking some time off to let the swelling and pain go away and then making the all time decision to have the out-patient surgery or tough it out. The problem here is that I have had this problem with my knee for about two years now and it is slowly getting more painful and the recovery time from training/playing is getting longer. I am now at two weeks of "recovery" and it is still painful and swollen everyday. So the daily ibuprofen and all is getting old. I am tempted to just have the surgery first thing in August and be ready for league play starting about the second week in September. I have heard of players having the surgery and playing right after they are released. I guess we will have to see what the doctor says on the next visit.
Whew, the real reason for this post...oops is that the Austin Valkyries are debuting a new website next week. The site is down right now...darn Yahoo! making us wait 7 days to transfer the website into another name. Bunch of bull crap! I want results and I want them now!
Anyways, here is a screen shot for you to look at...I am building the website and I wanted to go for simplicity and easy navigation.
I think a website that is updated daily and maintained can do wonders for your team. I hate visiting team's websites that are two or three years old. Potential new players and sponsors are always looking for a unique team with a unique past and future. I think a well-informed and well designed website can do wonders for your team.
I haven't finished all the aspects of the designing, but wanted to make sure that we have something up as soon as I am granted access. I love web designing and it was a pleasure to do it for the Austin Valkyries. Any suggestions are welcome!
Custom Search
Scrumhalf Connection Blog on Facebook
Watch this video to enter for a chance to win VIP tickets to the Heineken Cup Final!
Follow me on Twitter!
YSC Proudly Sponsors
Our Sports tickets include
rugby tickets,
boxing tickets,
hockey tickets and soccer tickets
Tickets World-Wide is a proud sponsor of Your Scrumhalf Connection. We handle tickets for a vast variety of events including the Super Bowl, Women's Final Four and the US Open Tennis tournament. For twenty years we have traded NFL Football and NBA Basketball tickets. Some of our favorite local teams include the Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Astros and the Houston Rockets. International favorites include World Cup Soccer, Grand Prix Racing and the Winter Olympics. Need college basketball seats? Yes, we trade Duke Blue Devils, Kentucky Wildcats and the Tar Heels. We also handle national events like NFR Rodeo and Las Vegas events. Any Ticket, anywhere!
Score yourself a few custom rugby t-shirts.
Get ready for top class online NFL betting at amazing site, Bet-on-the-NFL.com. You can also discover a number of other great football betting sites, news, and stats at SB3. Like to play games? The best online casinos website is Jaxcasinos.com
The place for sports betting, find the best online casino, nfl spread or check the best poker website.
Kontera It!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(273)
-
▼
Jul
(31)
- http://www.rugby15.co.uk/rugby.html
- Women's U-23 Team Lose Second Match of Tour, Learn...
- Corpus Christi 7s
- Corpus Christi 7s
- USA Under 23 start NZ tour with win
- Defensive Theories
- Why Rugby is Rubbish...Wait WHAT?
- This Weekend
- Finished Harry Potter!
- Rugby Here & There
- FABULOUS Try...BUT WAIT...showboating...
- Eagles Reunited
- Wales New World Cup Strip
- PRESERVE HARRY POTTER!
- Paris Tourism Ads...WTF?
- USA Rugby Shop, Enter Promo Code
- Yesterday's Workout
- GROSS...I can barely blog about it...
- USA Sweeps Softball World Cup
- Crossfit Workouts
- Austin Valkyries Website UP!
- Looking Towards the Rugby World Cup 2007
- Rugby 7s Added to Pan American Games
- U23 Developement Camp - Stephanie "Sprouts" Dvorak
- Cape Fear Day 2
- Cape Fear - West All Star 7s
- Vacation and a New Website!
- Rugby Retirement?
- They will look at me with mormon eyes!
- NA4 Details
- Rugby Here and There...
-
▼
Jul
(31)






Rucking Zone
Keystone Premiership Team
ScrumQueens