When do you plan on retiring from rugby? 25? 35? 40? I think it all depends on when you starting playing rugby...I have only been playing 6 years and I can't wait for each season to begin. But the toll that rugby takes on the body can be a brutal one. Most players are battered and tired after ten years or so. Very few make it past the 20 year mark.
I think it has a lot to do with when you started playing rugby. I started playing rugby when I was twenty. Sometimes I wonder where I would be if I had started playing in high school. These kids that are in high school touch leagues and even on teams have no idea how lucky they are. In fact, today in Oklahoma is the Annual Fourth of July Booger Game and Fireworks at the pitch. This is the first year I haven't attended, and it makes me sad. The legends of Oklahoma Rugby come every year and they play booger. Tarzan, Larry Naifeh, Michelle Core, the Velie Brothers and so many more...bless the pitch with their presence.
I remember when I first started playing rugby and I heard about all these players and I saw their pictures in our clubhouse. It was mind blowing to think that they had STARTED rugby in Oklahoma. That Michelle Core had started Women's Rugby in Oklahoma and that she was still involved. Amazing really! And then that first year I went out to the pitch and saw those legends play...it was incredible. Made me realize that I want to stay with rugby for my whole life. It is one sport that doesn't kick you out after your prime. It really is the sport that keeps giving. My boots will hang in the Oklahoma Rugby Clubhouse when I die...
From Total Flanker:
Check out this guy who has been playing 70 years! He trains 3 days a week! Crazy!
Custom Search
Scrumhalf Connection Blog on Facebook
Watch this video to enter for a chance to win VIP tickets to the Heineken Cup Final!
Follow me on Twitter!
YSC Proudly Sponsors
Our Sports tickets include
rugby tickets,
boxing tickets,
hockey tickets and soccer tickets
Tickets World-Wide is a proud sponsor of Your Scrumhalf Connection. We handle tickets for a vast variety of events including the Super Bowl, Women's Final Four and the US Open Tennis tournament. For twenty years we have traded NFL Football and NBA Basketball tickets. Some of our favorite local teams include the Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Astros and the Houston Rockets. International favorites include World Cup Soccer, Grand Prix Racing and the Winter Olympics. Need college basketball seats? Yes, we trade Duke Blue Devils, Kentucky Wildcats and the Tar Heels. We also handle national events like NFR Rodeo and Las Vegas events. Any Ticket, anywhere!
Score yourself a few custom rugby t-shirts.
Get ready for top class online NFL betting at amazing site, Bet-on-the-NFL.com. You can also discover a number of other great football betting sites, news, and stats at SB3. Like to play games? The best online casinos website is Jaxcasinos.com
The place for sports betting, find the best online casino, nfl spread or check the best poker website.
Kontera It!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(273)
-
▼
Jul
(31)
- http://www.rugby15.co.uk/rugby.html
- Women's U-23 Team Lose Second Match of Tour, Learn...
- Corpus Christi 7s
- Corpus Christi 7s
- USA Under 23 start NZ tour with win
- Defensive Theories
- Why Rugby is Rubbish...Wait WHAT?
- This Weekend
- Finished Harry Potter!
- Rugby Here & There
- FABULOUS Try...BUT WAIT...showboating...
- Eagles Reunited
- Wales New World Cup Strip
- PRESERVE HARRY POTTER!
- Paris Tourism Ads...WTF?
- USA Rugby Shop, Enter Promo Code
- Yesterday's Workout
- GROSS...I can barely blog about it...
- USA Sweeps Softball World Cup
- Crossfit Workouts
- Austin Valkyries Website UP!
- Looking Towards the Rugby World Cup 2007
- Rugby 7s Added to Pan American Games
- U23 Developement Camp - Stephanie "Sprouts" Dvorak
- Cape Fear Day 2
- Cape Fear - West All Star 7s
- Vacation and a New Website!
- Rugby Retirement?
- They will look at me with mormon eyes!
- NA4 Details
- Rugby Here and There...
-
▼
Jul
(31)






Rucking Zone
Keystone Premiership Team
ScrumQueens