My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://scrumhalfconnection.com
and update your bookmarks.

Read my latest posts!
Jun 4, 2007

Rugby Here and There

After a long weekend away from the email...there is tons of rugby in the inbox and across the web. Check out what I found interesting this week:

  • Women's rugby: 'It's a lifestyle, not just a game'
    By Larry Claflin Jr., Staff writer
    Eagle-Tribune

    Those who think the rough-and-tumble sport of rugby is a man's game should attend a North Shore Women's Rugby practice or match. The team - based in Lynn and including several players from the Merrimack Valley in its ranks - will change your opinion.

    "I love rugby because you're supposed to hit people," Shannon Horn, 23, of Haverhill, said after a recent practice.

    Horn said she began playing soccer at 6 and became more aggressive in the sport as she got older. Rugby, she said, gave her a good outlet for aggression.

  • Lonestar 7s Results (Women's)
    1st Place: Texas A&M University
    2nd Place: Satiated Beavers (Austin, TX)
    3rd Place: Houston
    Most Honored Woman: Kim Smith

    The Debutante Ball was a success as we had 24 lady ruggers in assorted dresses participate. The Austin Valkyries hope to continue this old tradition in the coming years. Dust off your boots ladies!!

  • Rugby in Hungary
    by Gary Duffy

    On Friday I was lucky to be invited to coach The Aylesford Bulls touring women's Rugby team, on tour here in Hungary. On Friday we had a light training run and I did some league skills with the 30 player squad, then followed a wine tasting and banquet in a small countryside Village.

  • http://www.myspace.com/jewelrybuff wrote:

    I have a young high school rugby player, Chris Claus who has just made the Texas Select Rugby Team. Yeah! He is the Allen HS team's first to make Select.
    His first tournament is June 14-17 in Denver and the family needs to raise the last $350 to offset expenses.
    If you can contribute to this young man's rugby efforts you can contact me (I'm the team sponsor) or Chris has his own myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/idiot22090

    Much Thanks
    Betty
    Rugby Mom

Check out these blogs and more here: http://www.rugbydirt.com/blogs/index.php