I left Austin last night and flew through St. Louis and finally arrived in Minneapolis, MN around midnight. I was supposed to get in around ten, but some crazy weather made the flying a little treacherous, so they flew around it. So I met up with a few other players from the team (their flights had been delayed as well) and we headed to our hotel.
We are in the same Super 8 that we stayed in last year for the exhibition matches against USA A and Midwest B. It kind of feels like home as we had our meetings in the indoor pool room and demolished breakfast this morning in the little breakfast room.
Last night was a rough night of sleeping, the first night at a different place is always difficult for me. I laid there going over the plays and visualizing everything and couldn't turn my brain off. I think I finally dozed off around 2:30. Luckily we didn't have training until 11am...so I didn't have to really think.
We had a team meeting at 9am where we discussed a few things. Geoff our forwards coach had some personal issues and couldn't attend after all. So they had replaced him with Mark and Wendy Cook was brought in to help with the backs. I was sad that Geoff was not attending, he is a HUGE guy with a big heart and always positive. I loved being coached by a real live Kiwi! He played for them in the 80's, but the replacement of Wendy Cook was a big attribute as well she is a very experienced player and a great coach.
Anyways, we started training at 11am with our usual skill work and dynamic warm up. Mark got my hopes up when he had me and Edwards switching out at scrumhalf drills...but when we finally split I was put at the flyhalf position. I know scrumhalfs and flyhalfs are supposed to be interchangeable...but I like wearing the #9 and I LOVE being with the pack. I had come up here knowing that I may be playing flyhalf, but still was hoping I would be in my comfort zone.
We have a few players that are playing out of position and that has been interesting to watch develop. I am playing flyhalf instead of scrumhalf, Melissa is playing wing instead of center, Lynelle is playing center instead of flanker and the list goes on. But these changes are all about the combinations as Mark keeps reminding us. If we can find the right combination it doesn't matter what position we play.
Training was really good as we were able to simplify some of the things that were confusing everyone in Kansas City and our timing has improved IMMENSELY. You can tell we are starting to trust each other and feel each other out more. I think we will be really successful on Friday against the South. We are a very talented team that has a lot of fun off the field and we need to bring that discipline and fun to the field on Friday.
Well its about 10 minutes till our next training, so gotta go! I will try and post some pictures later this week.
West 2007 All Stars Roster
KJ Abel- Ruch
Molly Albano
Breanna Alexander
Sara Edwards
Molly Rose Graves
Joy Hernandez
Allegra Howell
Devin Keller
Jen Kelley
Kim Klahn
Alena Kolarsky
Jenny Kuchar
Lynelle Kugler
Jaime Lange
Melissa McKibben
Cody Monroe
Angie Poe
Mandy Rasmussen
Erin Riley
Sarah Webel
Lindsay Wieczorek
Katie Wurst
Wendy Young
Coaches
Mark Bullock
Geoff Old
Susan Stabler
Wendy Cook
Custom Search
Scrumhalf Connection Blog on Facebook
Watch this video to enter for a chance to win VIP tickets to the Heineken Cup Final!
Follow me on Twitter!
YSC Proudly Sponsors
Our Sports tickets include
rugby tickets,
boxing tickets,
hockey tickets and soccer tickets
Tickets World-Wide is a proud sponsor of Your Scrumhalf Connection. We handle tickets for a vast variety of events including the Super Bowl, Women's Final Four and the US Open Tennis tournament. For twenty years we have traded NFL Football and NBA Basketball tickets. Some of our favorite local teams include the Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Astros and the Houston Rockets. International favorites include World Cup Soccer, Grand Prix Racing and the Winter Olympics. Need college basketball seats? Yes, we trade Duke Blue Devils, Kentucky Wildcats and the Tar Heels. We also handle national events like NFR Rodeo and Las Vegas events. Any Ticket, anywhere!
Score yourself a few custom rugby t-shirts.
Get ready for top class online NFL betting at amazing site, Bet-on-the-NFL.com. You can also discover a number of other great football betting sites, news, and stats at SB3. Like to play games? The best online casinos website is Jaxcasinos.com
The place for sports betting, find the best online casino, nfl spread or check the best poker website.
Kontera It!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(273)
-
▼
Jun
(27)
- Rain, Rain, rain..rain...
- Rookie/Collegiate Clinic - Hosted by Austin Valkyries
- More and More 7s...
- Eco-Friendly Rugby Ball (Fair Trade!)
- Drop Kick Photos
- Bloodfest 7s Results
- Satiated Beaver Tour Day 6 -10
- Satiated Beavers Tour Day 5
- NASC to become NA4
- Satiated Beavers Day 4
- Satiated Beaver Tour Update & Pictures
- Satiated Beaver Tour Update & Photos!
- NASC Pictures & Debutante Ball Pictures
- NASC - Day 6
- NASC - Day 5
- NASC - Day 4 & Satiated Beaver Tour
- NASC - Day 2 & 3
- NASC - Day 1
- Bloodfest 7s - Austin Rugby
- Your Scrumhalf Connection...revamped
- Austin Valkyries - Coach Wanted
- Offense vs. Defense
- Street View Google Maps...FREAKIN' SWEET!
- Repost from Rugby Dirt
- Dallas 7s Pictures
- Rugby Here and There
- 10th Annual Bloodfest - June 23, 2007
-
▼
Jun
(27)






Rucking Zone
Keystone Premiership Team
ScrumQueens