Last night, I was walking through our toy-infested living room. Between the baby on my hip and my extra poundage, I could not see the floor. I ended up tripping over a tummy-time gym while carrying Nicole. I did try to regain footing, but ended up flying through the air. We were headed directly for the Fisher-Price picnic table, Nicole first. Fortunately, I had been trained on how to fall while holding onto a ball. My kitten-like reflexes took over. I rotated my body while grabbing Nicole tight to my chest (a shout-out to Phil Corbett: "In the pocku!"). I fell on my left side instead of on the baby. She was in no danger of being knocked-on nor squished beneath a tighthead prop. So, thank you to the OU Roses. If I had landed on Nicole, she would have been seriously hurt. Instead, I was able to retain possession of the baby. Unfortunately, there was no one there to ruck over us so we could get the baby to the backs so they could score a try. It would have been a beauty.
This was posted by Melinda “Kitten” Long Foreman, long-time OU Rose and the most amazing scrumhalf in the history of woman-kind. We miss you, Melinda!![]()
Posting a Baby!!
2006-11-29T11:01:00-06:00
Scrumhalf Connection
Custom Search
Scrumhalf Connection Blog on Facebook
Watch this video to enter for a chance to win VIP tickets to the Heineken Cup Final!
Follow me on Twitter!
YSC Proudly Sponsors
Our Sports tickets include
rugby tickets,
boxing tickets,
hockey tickets and soccer tickets
Tickets World-Wide is a proud sponsor of Your Scrumhalf Connection. We handle tickets for a vast variety of events including the Super Bowl, Women's Final Four and the US Open Tennis tournament. For twenty years we have traded NFL Football and NBA Basketball tickets. Some of our favorite local teams include the Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Astros and the Houston Rockets. International favorites include World Cup Soccer, Grand Prix Racing and the Winter Olympics. Need college basketball seats? Yes, we trade Duke Blue Devils, Kentucky Wildcats and the Tar Heels. We also handle national events like NFR Rodeo and Las Vegas events. Any Ticket, anywhere!
Score yourself a few custom rugby t-shirts.
Get ready for top class online NFL betting at amazing site, Bet-on-the-NFL.com. You can also discover a number of other great football betting sites, news, and stats at SB3. Like to play games? The best online casinos website is Jaxcasinos.com
The place for sports betting, find the best online casino, nfl spread or check the best poker website.
Kontera It!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(191)
-
▼
Nov
(25)
- Julie McCoy Footwork Camp in Philly
- Guest Blogger #2 - The Forgotten Rugby Dynasty
- Posting a Baby!!
- Guest Blogger #1 - Football vs. Rugby
- pictures of the damage.
- i hurt myself...
- Random Funny Blogs from DIGG.COM
- Youtube FUN!!!
- A quick walk...
- Camping 2006
- New Layout...
- A few ways to WASTE time
- Winter 7's?
- USA 7's PROMO VIDEO
- Texas A&M Defeats Eastern Illinois University 22-17
- New York Defeats Berkely
- Black Eyes, Team Pictures and more...
- Pictures of the Beaver Bus!!
- Pictures from High Desert Tournament
- Buy Nothing Day
- Road Trip to College Station...Playing with Texas ...
- USA Rugby Posters
- We Got DA BUS!!
- BEAVER TOUR 2007
- I think I'm ready...
-
▼
Nov
(25)






Rucking Zone
Keystone Premiership Team
ScrumQueens