
I don't know how to start this post. If you have been reading my blog for the last month you know everything has been about Sweet 16s. I have seriously slacked on my college coverage of local teams in the area. Sorry guys.
We trained, trained, strategized, ate, slept, dreamed, visualized, felt, and wanted that weekend in SC. As I walked away on Sunday afternoon with various bruises and mentally exhausted it still hadn't hit me. The season is over. No Florida, no nationals rugby.
I know it may have been to much to want or desire, but we wanted it. A young Valkyrie team with rookies, new players, new positions, new ideas and we thought we had it all. And I am here to tell you that we DO have it all. We are a great team that works hard on and off the field.
We just couldn't get it together in South Carolina. Maybe it was the storm that blew through Friday night that took our hopes with it. Saturday we played the Furies and we played our hearts out. We were a little slow to wake up but then got it rolling. I remember at halftime thinking this is a good game! But then realizing that we hadn't scored a single point. We spent the whole game in their end and just couldn't capitalize.
We lost 27-10.
As I stood in the circle holding my mates...I saw tears in all our eyes. Our souls fell out our bodies and fell onto that pitch. Walking away from that field was one of the hardest things I have ever done. All that work and we couldn't make it happen.
Saturday night was almost surreal, I wanted to badly to be alone and be able to digest thoughts, feelings...I tried to walk around outside but it was all interstate and no green grass to lie in. So I grabbed my notebook and snuck around trying to find somewhere. I finally found a spot and let it all spill out onto that paper. My hopes, dreams, thoughts, loves, aspirations...all came spilling out.
I thought I was ready for Sunday and I thought we were ready as a team. We played well but couldn't make it happen again. We lost 5-7. I missed the kick by inches and we lost the game. When the whistle blew I fell to the ground and all I remember is Meg and Traci holding me up. I sobbed and let all my emotions be shown. All of our hard work...all the time, money, etc...the sacrifices as a team, individuals...it was to much.
As I was walking to the car that afternoon...I knew I was supposed to be where I was. What if we had gone to Nationals? Would I be ready as a player? Would we be ready as a team? We had only played THREE upper-level matches this season. Were we really ready?
I guess we will have to wait for next year. Thanks for the ride Valks. Lets go camping!!
I think I'm ready...
2006-11-01T15:08:00-06:00
Scrumhalf Connection
Custom Search
Scrumhalf Connection Blog on Facebook
Watch this video to enter for a chance to win VIP tickets to the Heineken Cup Final!
Follow me on Twitter!
YSC Proudly Sponsors
Our Sports tickets include
rugby tickets,
boxing tickets,
hockey tickets and soccer tickets
Tickets World-Wide is a proud sponsor of Your Scrumhalf Connection. We handle tickets for a vast variety of events including the Super Bowl, Women's Final Four and the US Open Tennis tournament. For twenty years we have traded NFL Football and NBA Basketball tickets. Some of our favorite local teams include the Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Astros and the Houston Rockets. International favorites include World Cup Soccer, Grand Prix Racing and the Winter Olympics. Need college basketball seats? Yes, we trade Duke Blue Devils, Kentucky Wildcats and the Tar Heels. We also handle national events like NFR Rodeo and Las Vegas events. Any Ticket, anywhere!
Score yourself a few custom rugby t-shirts.
Get ready for top class online NFL betting at amazing site, Bet-on-the-NFL.com. You can also discover a number of other great football betting sites, news, and stats at SB3. Like to play games? The best online casinos website is Jaxcasinos.com
The place for sports betting, find the best online casino, nfl spread or check the best poker website.
Kontera It!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(191)
-
▼
Nov
(25)
- Julie McCoy Footwork Camp in Philly
- Guest Blogger #2 - The Forgotten Rugby Dynasty
- Posting a Baby!!
- Guest Blogger #1 - Football vs. Rugby
- pictures of the damage.
- i hurt myself...
- Random Funny Blogs from DIGG.COM
- Youtube FUN!!!
- A quick walk...
- Camping 2006
- New Layout...
- A few ways to WASTE time
- Winter 7's?
- USA 7's PROMO VIDEO
- Texas A&M Defeats Eastern Illinois University 22-17
- New York Defeats Berkely
- Black Eyes, Team Pictures and more...
- Pictures of the Beaver Bus!!
- Pictures from High Desert Tournament
- Buy Nothing Day
- Road Trip to College Station...Playing with Texas ...
- USA Rugby Posters
- We Got DA BUS!!
- BEAVER TOUR 2007
- I think I'm ready...
-
▼
Nov
(25)






Rucking Zone
Keystone Premiership Team
ScrumQueens