I swear to you all, I am not trying to become the bionic woman...those of you know that the last few years have not been kind to me...four major injuries in 5 years (right ACL, left hand, left ACL and now right hand)!
I am convinced that now that everything is symmetrical and even again in my body that all is well with the world. No more injuries!! Say it with me!
Anyways, had my follow-up appointment yesterday and things are looking very good! I got to see my hand and of course I took some picture for you!
WARNING: Some of these photos are gruesome as they show exposed pins, not really any blood or anything, but I wanted to warn you if you are squeamish.
The first pic here is what my hand looked like immediately after I took the cast off. Still yellow from the iodine and quite wrinkly. See the pins poking out on the right?
This is a side view of the pins...freaky right? They are very sturdy as I was not able to wiggle the pins and touching them was weird because I could like feel it the tips of my fingers? I knew they would be sturdy but for some reason the brain tried to convince me that they would move!
This picture is my favorite as it really shows what the surgery was all about. As you can see there are two pins going through the pinkie joint and the wrist to stabilize everything.
So now I am casted again but my fingers are pretty much free! My ring finger and my pinkie finger are buddy taped, but typing is much easier and using the right hand is not as restricted. I am still having learning to brush my teeth with my left hand, at least I stopped gagging myself and poking myself on accident!
So there ya go, the pins come out in 3 weeks and I will move to a supportive brace and a bit of physical therapy. The goal is to be released for West tryouts on Mar 14...but that is cutting it a bit close...
Hope you are all well and having a great week!
Not Intentionally Trying to become the Bionic Woman
2009-02-06T11:36:00-06:00
Scrumhalf Connection
Custom Search
Scrumhalf Connection Blog on Facebook
Watch this video to enter for a chance to win VIP tickets to the Heineken Cup Final!
Follow me on Twitter!
YSC Proudly Sponsors
Our Sports tickets include
rugby tickets,
boxing tickets,
hockey tickets and soccer tickets
Tickets World-Wide is a proud sponsor of Your Scrumhalf Connection. We handle tickets for a vast variety of events including the Super Bowl, Women's Final Four and the US Open Tennis tournament. For twenty years we have traded NFL Football and NBA Basketball tickets. Some of our favorite local teams include the Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Astros and the Houston Rockets. International favorites include World Cup Soccer, Grand Prix Racing and the Winter Olympics. Need college basketball seats? Yes, we trade Duke Blue Devils, Kentucky Wildcats and the Tar Heels. We also handle national events like NFR Rodeo and Las Vegas events. Any Ticket, anywhere!
Score yourself a few custom rugby t-shirts.
Get ready for top class online NFL betting at amazing site, Bet-on-the-NFL.com. You can also discover a number of other great football betting sites, news, and stats at SB3. Like to play games? The best online casinos website is Jaxcasinos.com
The place for sports betting, find the best online casino, nfl spread or check the best poker website.
Kontera It!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(377)
-
▼
Feb
(30)
- Penn State vs Army (Men) Webcast Available Tomorro...
- Rugby Humor - Why Sevens should be banned!
- Rugby Player Magazine - Has a full page spread on ...
- Not sure what their Rugby Theme is...but its a cut...
- Women’s National Team Rugby Program to Host Combin...
- USA 7s WNT Calendar, still available!
- Last Supper, Rugby Style!
- Google "I'm Feeling Lucky" search - Daily search o...
- Record TV Coverage for Rugby World Cup Sevens 2009
- 7s Rugby World Cup - USA WNT Roster
- Rugger Photo of the day!
- USA 7s Women's National Team Training Video from D...
- More Rugby Google Searches using the I'm Feeling L...
- Google's I'm Feeling Lucky Feature - Daily search ...
- Ireland Rugby Raffle Winners!
- Rugby puts in the big Olympic push
- ABC TO BROADCAST PREMIER RUGBY EVENT IN NORTH AMERICA
- Attention Military Rugby Players! Come Play with u...
- Rugby Video Monday: 2009 Six Nations Video
- San Diego 7s - International Women
- Donate SWAG for my Monthly Rugby Raffle!!
- Guest Rugger: Jay Benner
- Hyde Park Rugby on Fox Sports Network
- USA Sevens Tournament Schedule - Feb 13-15, 2009
- USA Sevens Tournament on ABC!
- More Scrumhalf Connection Videos - TX State vs Ric...
- Rugby Video Monday: Texas A&M vs Chico State Highl...
- Not Intentionally Trying to become the Bionic Woman
- FREE RAFFLE: Ireland Shirt, Beanie, Koozie, and Ke...
- Guest Rugger: Katy Rank Lev
-
▼
Feb
(30)






Rucking Zone
Keystone Premiership Team
ScrumQueens