from thisisgloucestershire.co.uk
SOLICITOR Natalie Amor is a property expert who has excelled at her career in the legal profession.
But at weekends the 25-year-old swaps her paperwork for a whistle and shorts and heads out on to the pitch as a rugby union referee.
Natalie is so good she has reached international heights and is preparing to referee a match between the USA and Canada this month as part of the Women's Nations Cup.
The appointment was made by the Rugby Football Union days before she is due to travel to Surrey for the match.
Natalie, who works at Cheltenham- based Willans solicitors, is one of a small number of women referees in the country and hopes to take her hobby all the way in the future by refereeing England.
"It's a huge privilege to be chosen. It's a dream come true to ref at international standard and so much more than I ever expected," she said.
"In the beginning I wanted to have fun and exercise but it has led to so much more."
Natalie, who lives in Cheltenham, has been a referee and member of the Bristol Referees' Society for nine years.
She said: "My dad played rugby for Bristol and I was brought up on the sport.
"I saw a lady refereeing on TV when I was around 15 and thought I would give it a go.
"I ran the line every Saturday as a touch judge and after a season they gave me a chance to referee.
"I went to training sessions to learn the skills and knowledge necessary and I moved from adult games to league games and internationals."
Her passion for refereeing has already taken her to Chicago for the Collegiate Championships and to the Philadelphia Pumpkin Fest tournament.
She has also refereed in Holland. She says the camaraderie and high spirits make braving the wind and rain worth it.
"In nine years of refereeing I have not had any trouble with men or women," she said.
"And work has been very good to me as there is a lot of training involved.
"I would love to see how far I can go in England. I don't see why a woman could not referee a men's international and it's certainly a possibility for the future."
Jonathan Mills, a senior partner at Willans' solicitors, said: "We are all very proud of Natalie."
In October she is off to the Bahamas to referee an International Rugby Board Rugby World Cup Sevens qualifying tournament.
Solicitor Becomes International Rugby Referee
2008-08-18T11:16:00-05:00
Scrumhalf Connection
Custom Search
Scrumhalf Connection Blog on Facebook
Watch this video to enter for a chance to win VIP tickets to the Heineken Cup Final!
Follow me on Twitter!
YSC Proudly Sponsors
Our Sports tickets include
rugby tickets,
boxing tickets,
hockey tickets and soccer tickets
Tickets World-Wide is a proud sponsor of Your Scrumhalf Connection. We handle tickets for a vast variety of events including the Super Bowl, Women's Final Four and the US Open Tennis tournament. For twenty years we have traded NFL Football and NBA Basketball tickets. Some of our favorite local teams include the Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Astros and the Houston Rockets. International favorites include World Cup Soccer, Grand Prix Racing and the Winter Olympics. Need college basketball seats? Yes, we trade Duke Blue Devils, Kentucky Wildcats and the Tar Heels. We also handle national events like NFR Rodeo and Las Vegas events. Any Ticket, anywhere!
Score yourself a few custom rugby t-shirts.
Get ready for top class online NFL betting at amazing site, Bet-on-the-NFL.com. You can also discover a number of other great football betting sites, news, and stats at SB3. Like to play games? The best online casinos website is Jaxcasinos.com
The place for sports betting, find the best online casino, nfl spread or check the best poker website.
Kontera It!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(290)
-
▼
Aug
(26)
- Women's National Team - What's your Opinion?
- Highlights: USA v England Nations Cup Match, full ...
- WNT Fades in Second Half, Loses Nation Cup Match a...
- Women Eagles Prepare for Canada - Nations Cup
- Midwest Women Take All-Star Sevens Title
- Rugby Video Monday: Rugby in the Olympics?
- All-Star Sevens Championships Get Underway at Foun...
- England Defeats USA 17-14 in Nations Cup Opener
- Women Eagles Reload for England
- England Pounds US in Nations Cup Warm-Up
- Rugby Video Monday: All Blacks Training Video
- Solicitor Becomes International Rugby Referee
- Flores Names WNT Lineup for Nations Cup Warm-up Match
- The Republic of Texas Rugby Referees - Latest News
- MTSU Rugby Camp with Special Guest Eddie O'Sullivan
- USA Rugby Hires Women’s High Performance Manager
- WANTED: NAVY Rugby Seeks Rugby Coach
- Early CIPP Registration
- Rugby Video Monday
- How Old is Too Old?
- Germany places a bid to host the Women's Rugby Wor...
- 8th Annual TACKLE CANCER 10s Tourney - 8/8/2008, P...
- 9th Annual Ruggapalooza 15's tournament, September...
- Deep South Awarded Coach Development Program (CDP)...
- WANTED: Rugby Recipes
- Rugby Video Monday
-
▼
Aug
(26)






Rucking Zone
Keystone Premiership Team
ScrumQueens