It is dreary and cold in Austin today, highs in the 30s and almost sleeting. Blech. I moved to Austin for the warmth and the sunshine! I guess I can't complain too much because some people haven't seen 60 degrees in a few months. But still I moved here for the blistering heat, I love it!Went to the doctor on Tuesday for my first check-up since surgery. The doctor was amazed that I was walking so well, had minimal swelling and had more than usual mobility. Since I have been down this road before, I know what to do. Ice, ice, ice, elevate, elevate, elevate and do your exercises. The doctor pretty much said I was a rock star and to keep it up.
At the end of the visit I got my staples removed, I have never had staples before, so I was a little nervous. The nurse pulled out the sterile package with the staple remover in it and I laughed out loud. It was just a fancy staple remover, like the one I have in my desk drawer at work! So she removed the staples (just felt like a weird twisting feeling, sent a shudder down my back!) and I was on my way.
I am released to do low-weight bearing leg press, elliptical, bike, mini-squats (no weight yet) and anything else I can do without pain (except run, jump and play rugby). Woohoo! Now I need to get back into the gym!
Yesterday I had my first physical therapy session. Again, since I have done this before the appt was pretty short as I did my quad sets, leg raises, Jane Fonda's (hip exercises), stretches and bike time. The bike this time around was a lot easier. I remember from my first surgery that I had to really work and sweat to get that first time around the pedals. This time around mobility doesn't seem to be a factor though. After the workout I got iced and compressed down and went on my way to work.This morning I started to notice that the bruising is really starting to show up on my calf and ankle. Interestingly enough its not the usual yellow and green drainage type of bruising. My leg just looks like it is dirty (I took a shower!) and the bruising is very grey. Maybe it will keep changing colors, but this is good because it means that most of the swelling is ending! The pictures don't really show the grey bruising, but whatever. The second picture kind of shows the grey but it mostly down towards my ankle...but my calf is all grey in real life!
So all in all, I am kicking this ACL recovery/rehab in the a$$! The doctors all agree that I am making really great progress and so I look forward to the next step. The goal is 6 weeks straight line running and jogging! I could be running in a month!
Custom Search
Scrumhalf Connection Blog on Facebook
Watch this video to enter for a chance to win VIP tickets to the Heineken Cup Final!
Follow me on Twitter!
YSC Proudly Sponsors
Our Sports tickets include
rugby tickets,
boxing tickets,
hockey tickets and soccer tickets
Tickets World-Wide is a proud sponsor of Your Scrumhalf Connection. We handle tickets for a vast variety of events including the Super Bowl, Women's Final Four and the US Open Tennis tournament. For twenty years we have traded NFL Football and NBA Basketball tickets. Some of our favorite local teams include the Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Astros and the Houston Rockets. International favorites include World Cup Soccer, Grand Prix Racing and the Winter Olympics. Need college basketball seats? Yes, we trade Duke Blue Devils, Kentucky Wildcats and the Tar Heels. We also handle national events like NFR Rodeo and Las Vegas events. Any Ticket, anywhere!
Score yourself a few custom rugby t-shirts.
Get ready for top class online NFL betting at amazing site, Bet-on-the-NFL.com. You can also discover a number of other great football betting sites, news, and stats at SB3. Like to play games? The best online casinos website is Jaxcasinos.com
The place for sports betting, find the best online casino, nfl spread or check the best poker website.
Kontera It!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(290)
-
▼
Jan
(21)
- Iphone Icons (Web Clip or Clipalizer)
- Tournaments, Games, Match Secretaries
- USA Sevens 2008
- Women's Six Nations
- No 'mankinis' allowed at Wellington Sevens, say po...
- Rugby Here & There
- Gym Times
- San Diego 7s - Women's USA 7s Team Chosen
- Texas Rugby Union & STRR News
- Rugby Here & There
- Doc Appt, Physical Therapy and Bruising...
- USA Rugby Elite Camps 2008
- Rugby Here & There
- Goff's Annual Awards
- My First Outing
- Rugby Here & There
- ELVs Not Becoming Part of Rugby Yet
- American Gladiators ROCK!
- Inbox is BURSTING!
- Down for a few days...
- Rugby Signs - What's Your Sign?
-
▼
Jan
(21)






Rucking Zone
Keystone Premiership Team
ScrumQueens