So K Train had written a blog about checking herself against the Fitness Standards of the PTB's (powers that be). And I thought to myself...I need to do this as well! Unfortunately mine is not complete as I haven't been able to do any of the heavy leg lifting or running since the ACL (and before bc of major pain and weakness...haha I had no ACL!) but I thought it would be interesting anyways.
Here is my little chart:
So while the downtime from rugby really is getting hard, at least I can get in the gym and start really progressing towards my fitness goals and the PTBs as well. The team practices on Mon/Wed now and I hit the gym that day as well. I also have Physical Therapy on Tues/Thurs, so I am getting 4 if not 5 days at the gym a week now. Of course most of the focus is on getting the strength back in my knee/leg, but I dedicate at least four hours a week to the Eagle workouts.
Since before moving to Austin I only hit the gym about once a week (Yea Tarzan's garage gym!!) and was a big advocate of outdoor training. I am still a big advocate of outdoor training (use your elements!) but have been trying to get into the gym more for weight training. Right now I am doing about an hour and a half on Mon/Wed in the gym and PT usually runs about an hour and fifteen minutes. I wish I had more time to spend in the gym, but school, work and rugby (I still go to practice to help out) eat up a lot of my time.
However, I plan on being stronger than ever when I come back in June, July or August (the date is still up in the air at this point). Soon I will be able to begin jogging and actually moving faster than a brisk walk. I cannot WAIT for that day, I am so tired of walking!!! I want to run, jump...be free!
So here's to you sweating it away in the gym, working out outside/inside...whatever works for you, just keep moving!
Custom Search
Scrumhalf Connection Blog on Facebook
Watch this video to enter for a chance to win VIP tickets to the Heineken Cup Final!
Follow me on Twitter!
YSC Proudly Sponsors
Our Sports tickets include
rugby tickets,
boxing tickets,
hockey tickets and soccer tickets
Tickets World-Wide is a proud sponsor of Your Scrumhalf Connection. We handle tickets for a vast variety of events including the Super Bowl, Women's Final Four and the US Open Tennis tournament. For twenty years we have traded NFL Football and NBA Basketball tickets. Some of our favorite local teams include the Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Astros and the Houston Rockets. International favorites include World Cup Soccer, Grand Prix Racing and the Winter Olympics. Need college basketball seats? Yes, we trade Duke Blue Devils, Kentucky Wildcats and the Tar Heels. We also handle national events like NFR Rodeo and Las Vegas events. Any Ticket, anywhere!
Score yourself a few custom rugby t-shirts.
Get ready for top class online NFL betting at amazing site, Bet-on-the-NFL.com. You can also discover a number of other great football betting sites, news, and stats at SB3. Like to play games? The best online casinos website is Jaxcasinos.com
The place for sports betting, find the best online casino, nfl spread or check the best poker website.
Kontera It!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(290)
-
▼
Feb
(16)
- U-20 Women's National Team Elite Camp
- Rugby Word Problem
- Rugby Here & There: General News
- Rugby Here & There: College Rugby
- Rugby Here & There: Youth Rugby
- ACL Update
- Rugby YouTube Video Causing Problems
- Notre Dame frosh given tall order
- Women's Six Nations Tournament Update
- Maxing it OUT
- WNT Team Announced for Hong Kong 7s
- Rugby Here & There
- Women Eagles Win San Diego Invitational
- San Diego Women's International 7's Schedule Relea...
- Rugby Here & There
- Blogged.com rated Your Scrumhalf Connection 8.6!
-
▼
Feb
(16)






Rucking Zone
Keystone Premiership Team
ScrumQueens