It seems like last week we had just finished playing the fall rugby season. It blows my mind that the team will begin practice for the spring on January 9...that is less than two weeks away!
With my ACL surgery set for January 7th, I am pretty much out on the Spring season this year. I am excited to have surgery and begin the healing process, but am disappointed that I will not be playing in Atlanta and will miss at least one league game. I was just coming into my own on the Valkyries and it is going to be an adjustment to be on the sidelines. Oh and I just realized that I won't be reffing any rugby games any time soon either! I was doing so well and learning so much, I will definitely have to come back strong and eager to continue learning as a ref.
My doctor is pretty aggressive and I aim to find an aggressive physical therapist too. For my first ACL surgery I had a laid back doctor and a super aggressive physical therapist. I was back on the rugby field at about 4 months. I will not be coming back that quickly this time around but am aiming at around 5 to 6 months. Coming back that quickly was pretty much insane and I would not recommend it to anyone. I just couldn't be kept off the field any longer! Now that I am older and wiser...and am learning to listen to my body...this road will be different. 5 months would be May and there isn't really any rugby in May (maybe 7s). 6 months will be right around ITT's or NASCs and my goal is to be back and in tip top shape for that.
Its hard to realize that for the last month my gf and I have been hitting the gym pretty hard. It kind of feels like that hard work is going to be wasted, and so I am excited to look at the month of January as a fresh start. Sure I just spent a month getting stronger and faster, and will lose that strength in my left leg in a matter of days...but it will be ok.
Don't worry this blog won't be turning into a sob and weep story about my ACL recovery. I will probably blog about my progress, but I am looking forward to a new year. I hope to really amp up this blog as I am really enjoying it. I have worked hard for my readers and appreciate your kind thoughts and emails. I am constantly on the look out for more rugby blogs, shoot me an email and I will add you to the links sidebar.
Have a Happy New Year all!
My Offseason and the New Year
2007-12-28T13:21:00-06:00
Scrumhalf Connection
Custom Search
Scrumhalf Connection Blog on Facebook
Watch this video to enter for a chance to win VIP tickets to the Heineken Cup Final!
Follow me on Twitter!
YSC Proudly Sponsors
Our Sports tickets include
rugby tickets,
boxing tickets,
hockey tickets and soccer tickets
Tickets World-Wide is a proud sponsor of Your Scrumhalf Connection. We handle tickets for a vast variety of events including the Super Bowl, Women's Final Four and the US Open Tennis tournament. For twenty years we have traded NFL Football and NBA Basketball tickets. Some of our favorite local teams include the Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Astros and the Houston Rockets. International favorites include World Cup Soccer, Grand Prix Racing and the Winter Olympics. Need college basketball seats? Yes, we trade Duke Blue Devils, Kentucky Wildcats and the Tar Heels. We also handle national events like NFR Rodeo and Las Vegas events. Any Ticket, anywhere!
Score yourself a few custom rugby t-shirts.
Get ready for top class online NFL betting at amazing site, Bet-on-the-NFL.com. You can also discover a number of other great football betting sites, news, and stats at SB3. Like to play games? The best online casinos website is Jaxcasinos.com
The place for sports betting, find the best online casino, nfl spread or check the best poker website.
Kontera It!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(273)
-
▼
Dec
(19)
- West Coast Rugby League
- My Offseason and the New Year
- More Notes on USA 7s - WOMEN WANTED!
- Rugby history: video of England's first internatio...
- Rugby Here & There
- Happy Holidays!
- USA Needs More Games
- USA Rugby Needs You
- USA Rugby Updates
- Rugby Here & There
- Swollen Like a Chipmunk!
- England defeats USA 34-0
- England Tour Update
- Christmas Party, Oklahoma & my Anterior Cruciate L...
- Women’s National Team Loses First Match of First S...
- World Community Grid
- Two Articles From USA Rugby
- UK Tour 2007 Updates
- UNIVERSITY OF OKLAHOMA'S 7th ANNUAL YOUTH RUGBY CAMP
-
▼
Dec
(19)






Rucking Zone
Keystone Premiership Team
ScrumQueens