A feeling of walking home...when I stepped on the pitch in Oklahoma yesterday. I arrived an hour before everyone else and spent some time walking the grounds. This field is where I played my first rugby game. Where I first believed that when you posted the ball, no one could touch it! How wrong I was! What a silly little rookie I was, running zulus, singing songs, fundraising, concessions, wins & losses, tears and smiles...so many memories.
It was like a high school reunion...all the old friends, flings, teammates and alumni. Oh and the dogs! I of course brought Jake, but it seems that everyone has gotten a a dog over the last year. Puppies, big dogs...very interesting. I put some pictures of my best times & the worst times at that field randomly throught this post. Enjoy!
The first match of the day was Oklahoma vs. Arkansas...we've played them almost every year as an alumni match. The teams are both in re-building years, but played well and played hard. I got to play in the second half as a sub at fullback. I reveled in being free and being able to wander as I wanted. Arkansas never kicked, so I was mostly directing traffic and being the big voice that I am. The OU centers were brand new and not very confident on defense, so I made it easy for them. I gave the AR backs nick names...and it was hilarious! Fancy, Ugly, Scrumcap and Gloves...it seemed to help the girls remember who they were marking and lightened the mood. Thanks for being good sports Arkansas!
The second match of the day was the OU Men vs. the OU Alumni. Of course the OU Alumni were victorious and drove to the try line again and again. There were rolling subs so we got to see all the legends at OU step on the pitch again. Tarzan, Branden Farris, all the Velies, Larry Naifeh, and all the young guys that taught me so much. It was lovely to see the pitch full of rugby fans,
players, supporters and more. Loved it.
The last and final match of the day was the FEATURE match of the day. At least I think it was! The men were done for the day and I LOVE that they stayed and cheered us on. They really love our club and have been so supportive! Thank you so much OU MEN!
OU Varsity vs. OU Alumni
The alumni side was stacked with alumni players and recent alumni players. Our team was blessed with experience, fitness and heart. At one point the back line was counting up the years of experience and it was over 30! Pretty amazing. The game was a blast with the opening drive resulting in a try by the Alumni. The scoring didn't stop even with rolling subs as we brought fresh legs in! I didn't keep score but it was at least 5 or 6 tries to zero at the end of the game.
Great rugby was played on that pitch again. Great rugby will always be on that pitch. I am proud that I was part of that family. Thank you so much my friends.

Oklahoma Alumni Weekend
2007-03-18T21:26:00-05:00
Scrumhalf Connection
Custom Search
Scrumhalf Connection Blog on Facebook
Watch this video to enter for a chance to win VIP tickets to the Heineken Cup Final!
Follow me on Twitter!
YSC Proudly Sponsors
Our Sports tickets include
rugby tickets,
boxing tickets,
hockey tickets and soccer tickets
Tickets World-Wide is a proud sponsor of Your Scrumhalf Connection. We handle tickets for a vast variety of events including the Super Bowl, Women's Final Four and the US Open Tennis tournament. For twenty years we have traded NFL Football and NBA Basketball tickets. Some of our favorite local teams include the Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Astros and the Houston Rockets. International favorites include World Cup Soccer, Grand Prix Racing and the Winter Olympics. Need college basketball seats? Yes, we trade Duke Blue Devils, Kentucky Wildcats and the Tar Heels. We also handle national events like NFR Rodeo and Las Vegas events. Any Ticket, anywhere!
Score yourself a few custom rugby t-shirts.
Get ready for top class online NFL betting at amazing site, Bet-on-the-NFL.com. You can also discover a number of other great football betting sites, news, and stats at SB3. Like to play games? The best online casinos website is Jaxcasinos.com
The place for sports betting, find the best online casino, nfl spread or check the best poker website.
Kontera It!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(273)
-
▼
Mar
(15)
- U19 Updates
- USA Women's 7's in Hong Kong
- Some Nash Bash Results
- New Myspace Pages and Save the Bride!
- 37 is the Magic Number
- Rugby Strength
- Valhalla Ball or Prom?
- Few more things...
- Hum Drum
- Oklahoma Alumni Weekend
- Noahs Ark and E-News!
- Rugby GEAR for SALE!
- Nike 6 Ads...Positive Ads for Women
- Rugby News
- Rugby News
-
▼
Mar
(15)






Rucking Zone
Keystone Premiership Team
ScrumQueens