About Us
This blog came about because I wanted to contribute to the sport that has given me so much. I started out reading as much on rugby as I could on Goffon Rugby, Planet Rugby and a few other blogs. I was always disappointed that there was very little to read about Women's Rugby. So I began this blog on March 31, 2006 and haven't stopped blogging since. I love the friends, networking and adventures I have been on while doing it, and look forward to the next adventure on or off the pitch!
The us in the About Us is pretty simple...the blog has two main contributors currently (we are always looking for more, email me!). Wendy Young, editor and creator of Your Scrumhalf Connection and my partner, The Girl. The Girl is the constant inspiration and challenger of what this blog could be and will become. For more on the The Girl and who she is....read below!
As for me personally, I currently play scrumhalf for the Austin Valkyries in Austin, TX. I started playing rugby at the University of Oklahoma in 2001. I love everything about rugby and wanted to write about it...so this is my blog about rugby and some small parts of my life. I was recently selected for the USA Women's National Team pool and I was also recently certified as a rugby referee in the Texas Rugby Union.
Note: The blog originally began as West Rugby Blog (http://westrugby.blogspot.com), but has since evolved to Your Scrumhalf Connection (http://scrumhalfconnection.com) which focuses on women's rugby in the USA.
About "The Girl"
The Girl's story...I started playing rugby in college at Texas A&M University (whoop!!!). For those of you who don't know our story, Wendy and I were mortal enemies in college!! Both captains and officers of our rival clubs... it was a sight when we played against each other.
To make a long story short... call it fate, a full moon, opposites attract, what have you... we both moved to Austin and soon after became a duo on and off the field.
Wendy started this blog in May 2006 and I've been her silent partner working behind the scenes collecting stories, scores, pictures and videos. I'm a bit private and therefore have the title "The Girl". Its kinda my alter ego :)
I hope you enjoy what we produce... feel free to contact me as well!
How to Contact Us
We welcome all of your feedback and comments, they can be submitted via email, Facebook, or left in the comments on the blog. Ruck on!
Twitter
Facebook
Facebook "The Girl's page"
thegirl@scrumhalfconnection.com
ysc@scrumhalfconnection.com
Anything Else?
YSC Tshirts
Custom Search
Scrumhalf Connection Blog on Facebook
Watch this video to enter for a chance to win VIP tickets to the Heineken Cup Final!
Follow me on Twitter!
YSC Proudly Sponsors
Our Sports tickets include
rugby tickets,
boxing tickets,
hockey tickets and soccer tickets
Tickets World-Wide is a proud sponsor of Your Scrumhalf Connection. We handle tickets for a vast variety of events including the Super Bowl, Women's Final Four and the US Open Tennis tournament. For twenty years we have traded NFL Football and NBA Basketball tickets. Some of our favorite local teams include the Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Astros and the Houston Rockets. International favorites include World Cup Soccer, Grand Prix Racing and the Winter Olympics. Need college basketball seats? Yes, we trade Duke Blue Devils, Kentucky Wildcats and the Tar Heels. We also handle national events like NFR Rodeo and Las Vegas events. Any Ticket, anywhere!
Score yourself a few custom rugby t-shirts.
Get ready for top class online NFL betting at amazing site, Bet-on-the-NFL.com. You can also discover a number of other great football betting sites, news, and stats at SB3. Like to play games? The best online casinos website is Jaxcasinos.com
The place for sports betting, find the best online casino, nfl spread or check the best poker website.






Rucking Zone
Keystone Premiership Team
ScrumQueens